I’ve now finished the first year of my MA (as long as the essays I submitted are good), which is satisfying. My job is going well and I’ve got some exciting posts and articles lined up for the next month or so. I’m confirming summer plans, but fitting in plenty of rest too.
This is my first reflections / round-up post since January because of the term-time rush. Do let me know if there’s anything you’ve been thinking about, writing or enjoying lately.
What I’ve been thinking/talking about:
The General Election and #BloggersWhoVote
I won’t offer extended political analysis because this is a short post and I would undoubtedly glaze over something important. Still, I’m pleased to see the blogging community encouraging their audiences to vote. Although you may not care about Zoella’s latest beauty haul video, the influence that such high profile figures have over young people is significant.
What I’ve been reading:
- The Waves – Virginia Woolf
- How To Be A Grown-Up – Daisy Buchanan (click to read my review)
- Small Great Things – Jodi Picoult
- Mad Girl – Bryony Gordon
- The Snarling Girl – Elisa Albert
- Why Bonnie, Big Little Lies’ Most Underwritten Character, Deserved More – Angelica Jade Bastién
What I’ve been listening to:
- Semper Femina – Laura Marling
- Democracy with Jess Phillips MP – The Guilty Feminist Podcast
- Seth Godin – Ctrl Alt Delete Podcast
- Mad World: Prince Harry
- Expect the Unexpected – Global Pillage
- Old episodes of Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast
What I’ve been watching: