October brought grey skies that turned pink at dinner time. Crunching leaves. Meals shared with family.
It meant catching up with friends over mugs of tea after too many months, and smiling at thoughtful cards. Enjoying the scent of candles and the sweetness of the last bite of birthday cake. Anticipating what’s next.
I’ve been writing:
- 24 More Things I’ve Learned by 24
- Talking Social Enterprise in Sri Lanka with Josie George, AMMA
- What’s the Point of an Arts Degree?
- Five Benefits of a Part-time Postgraduate Degree
I’ve been reading:
- The Waves
- Air & Light & Time & Space: How Successful Academics Write
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
- 5 Authors on How, Why and Where They Write
- I Have a Foolproof Plan for Success. Succeed Less.
- Women’s Work is Still Work
- Non-Compete Clause
- Michelle Obama Helped Me Be Myself
- Large charities hold too much power in the sector, warns Shelter CEO
- Important, Popular or Viral
I’ve been listening to:
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – Angela Duckworth (Audiobook)
- Jason Fried (Basecamp co-founder and CEO): Whose Schedule Are You On? – Hurry Slowly (A new podcast about pacing yourself and doing great work without working all the time)
- Columns, Newsletters & Book Deals, With Dolly Alderton – Hashtag Authentic
- Epic Fail – The National Theatre Podcast
- Facebook’s War on Free Will – The Guardian’s Audio Long Reads
- This Island is Not for Sale: How Eigg Fought Back – The Guardian’s Audio Long Reads
- Did the Party Conferences Have Any Answers? – Weekly Economics Podcast
- Work and Rest – Late Night Woman’s Hour
I’ve been watching: